Current Adult Series in Laramie County
CNP classes in Laramie County are currently held at Laramie County Community College-Pathfinder Building (1400 E. College Drive, Cheyenne).
- Tuesday evenings at 6:00 PM
- August 7-October 2, 2018
- Wednesday mornings at 9:00 AM
- August 8-October 10, 2018
- Friday afternoons at 1:30 PM
- September 7-October 26, 2018
- Friday mornings at 10:00 AM
- October 5-December 14, 2018
- No class November 23!
Helping Families Eat Better for Less
The Cent$ible Nutrition Program (CNP) is a state-wide cooking and nutrition education program. It is funded by the USDA through two grants, the Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP) and the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program-Education (SNAP-Ed). EFNEP began in Laramie County in 1969 and SNAP-Ed began in January of 1998.
The goal of CNP is to help families and individuals eat better for less. It follows the USDA MyPlate and the Dietary Guidelines for Americans. CNP is free to families and individuals who income qualify.
CNP is part of the University of Wyoming Extension and the University of Wyoming Family and Consumer Sciences Department.
Join and learn secrets to:
1. Invest your food dollars in the best nutrition choices
2. Stretch your food dollar to last the whole month
3. Choose foods lower in fat and cholesterol
4. Prepare low-cost meat dishes in tender, delicious ways
5. Recognize advertising techniques that encourage you to spend more
6. Increase calcium intake by including more calcium-rich foods in your diet
7. Plan meals your family will enjoy
8. Alter recipes so they are lower in fat, sugar, and sodium
9. Protect your family from food borne illnesses
10. Save time, energy, and make new friends!
A series of lessons are available to participants. Those completing the lessons receive a diet analysis, a Cent$ible Nutrition Program Cookbook, cooking utensils, a grocery shopping list, and more.
For more information about the program, please contact us at the Laramie County Extension, (307) 633-4383 or visit the Cent$ible Nutrition Program website.
The healthy choice should be the easy choice – for ALL families. Statewide, the Cent$ible Nutrition Program is seeking out new opportunities to promote policy, system, and environmental changes in the community. We hope these changes will increase access to healthy foods and physical activity for everyone. You can find out more about CNP’s community partnerships and projects on our Community Engagement page.
If you are interested in working together to promote healthy change in the Laramie County community, please contact the Laramie County CNP educators!!