Current Adult Series in Albany County
- Tuesday at 11:45 AM
- January 15, 2019-March 5, 2019
- Fire Station #3 (2374 W. Jefferson St., Laramie)
Helping Families Eat Better for Less
The Cent$ible Nutrition Program (CNP) is a state-wide cooking and nutrition education program. It is funded by the USDA through two grants, the Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP) and the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program-Education (SNAP-Ed).
The goal of CNP is to help families and individuals eat better for less. It follows the USDA MyPlate and the Dietary Guidelines for Americans. CNP is free to families and individuals who income qualify.
CNP is part of the University of Wyoming Extension and the University of Wyoming Family and Consumer Sciences Department.
Join and learn secrets to:
1. Invest your food dollars in the best nutrition choices
2. Stretch your food dollar to last the whole month
3. Choose foods lower in fat and cholesterol
4. Prepare low-cost meat dishes in tender, delicious ways
5. Recognize advertising techniques that encourage you to spend more
6. Increase calcium intake by including more calcium-rich foods in your diet
7. Plan meals your family will enjoy
8. Alter recipes so they are lower in fat, sugar, and sodium
9. Protect your family from food borne illnesses
10. Save time, energy, and make new friends!
A series of lessons are available to participants. Those completing the lessons receive a diet analysis, a Cent$ible Nutrition Program Cookbook, cooking utensils, a grocery shopping list, and more.
For more information about the program, please contact Abby at the Albany County Extension, (307) 721-2571 or visit the Cent$ible Nutrition Program website.
The healthy choice should be the easy choice – for ALL families. Statewide, the Cent$ible Nutrition Program is seeking out new opportunities to promote policy, system, and environmental changes in the community. We hope these changes will increase access to healthy foods and physical activity for everyone. You can find out more about CNP’s community projects around the state on the CNP Community Engagement & Outreach page.
In Laramie, Abby has been working with Basic Beginnings Childcare Center to install playground stencils at both of their locations. The colorful stencils are designed to encourage kids of all ages to be more active through games and activities.
If you are interested in working together to promote healthy change in the Albany County community, please contact Abby!