CNP Meat Sauce
Many main dishes can be made with the CNP Meat Sauce. Time spent making and freezing a batch ahead of time saves time in the kitchen throughout the week.
$1.60 per serving
- 4 pounds lean ground meat (beef, turkey, or game)
- 1 medium onion (minced)
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste + 6 ounces water (or 1 can tomato soup)
- 2 15-ounce cans tomato sauce
- 4 garlic cloves (or 2 tsp powder)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Brown meat in large skillet, sauce pan, or electric skillet. Drain fat.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Simmer 20-30 minutes. Add more water to thin the sauce if necessary.
- Place 1 cup portions in freezer-quality, resealable plastic bags. Freeze up to 3 months.
- Add Vegetables: Shred 3 medium carrots and add after meat is cooked.
Serving: 1 cup
Tried this recipe?Click the stars or leave a comment.