CNP Mexican Seasoning
This versatile seasoning lasts a long time in the pantry. Creating your own spice mix saves money and helps you avoid added sodium found in bagged spice mixes. Use this seasoning as a salt substitute or in many recipes found in our cookbook. Click the tag "CNP Mexican Seasoning" to find more recipes where you can use this tasty mix.
$0.28 per serving
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 2 Tablespoons paprika
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper or crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, jar, or plastic bag. Mix well.
- Store in a tightly sealed container. Label and date. Keep in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months.
- Add 1 Tablespoon to ground meat for tacos, burritos, or fajitas.
- Sprinkle on popcorn, grilled or roasted vegetables, and on raw meat or poultry before cooking.
Serving: 1 teaspoon
Tried this recipe?Click the stars or leave a comment.