Basic Food Safety Training for Wyoming’s Food Industry
Taking the SERVSAFE® FOOD HANDLER course ONLINE
This course is designed for all food service workers to take and will not fulfill the new mandatory Manager’s education requirement. We encourage a proactive approach to food safety education and encourage all establishments to educate their staff with the basic food handler course that is offered in Teton County as well as online through servsafe.com. This course is designed to teach basic food safety to all staff but may be required for at least one person per shift based on inspection performance.
- Hit How to get started located below the EMPLOYEE TRAINING SERVSAFE® FOOD HANDLER box.
- Click the state of Wyoming located on the map of the United States.
- Click on Add to Shopping Cart in the ServSafe® Food Handler Online Course & Assessment box shown below Assessment box shown below.
- After completing the 40 question online assessment print your certificate and bring to an instructor to sign.
- This is a non-proctored test and you may complete it at your own pace.
Food Protection Manager Certification in Teton County
Four methods are available to obtain Food Protection Manager Certification in Teton County:
- Participate in a locally scheduled class.
- Self-study with a book purchased from University of Wyoming Extension, online or borrowed from Teton County Library
- Purchase an online ServSafe® Manager’s course from ServSafe.com
- Challenge the exam
Option 1. Local SERVSAFE® Managers Classes
- Occasionally the manager’s class will be offered here. This includes a full day of test preparation and the exam on paper. You may call University of Wyoming Extension office at 307-733-3087 to see if there are any upcoming classes offered. You will pay and sign up for the class through the Extension Office.If you prefer to take the classes in person, call us at 733-3087 to get on the waiting list for a class as no classes are currently scheduled. Classes are held at the 4-H Building located at 255 W. Deloney in Jackson
Once a Class is Scheduled, Pre-Registration and Pre-Payment is Required.
Option 2. Preparing for the SERVSAFE® Certification by Self-Study
The most efficient method for many establishments is to purchase or borrow a book. A purchased book may be used multiple times by others that wish to take the certification
exam in the future. For this method follow these steps:
- You may purchase English or Spanish ServSafe® Manager’s books from University of Wyoming Extension Office located at 255 W. Deloney for $51.00. Their phone number is 307-733-3087; or
- Purchase a book online; or
- There are also two English and two Spanish ServSafe® Managers book available to check out at the Teton County Library. Type in ServSafe® when doing a search on their database.
Option 3. Taking the Managers Food Safety Course Online
There are several ways to add the ServSafe® Online manager course to your shopping cart to purchase. The following describes one route.
- Hover over the STUDENTS tab and click PURCHASE
- Click SHOP SERV SAFE
- Choose MANAGER ONLINE TRAINING AND CERTIFICATION EXAMS
- Add the ServSafe® Manager online course to your cart and proceed to checkout.
Option 4. Challenge the Exam
- If you so choose you may challenge this exam. This means you may take the test without completing any of the first three choices.
TAKING THE EXAM
- Once you have completed your method of choice to prepare for the exam(options 2, 3 and 4) you must call the University of Wyoming Extension office at 307-733-3087 to sign up for a proctored exam session. The proctor days will be the 1st & 3rd Fridays of each month from 1-3 p.m.
- If you are unable to take the proctored test at the Extension Office you may take it at Central Wyoming College located in the Center for the Arts at 265 S. Cache Street. To schedule a proctor time there call Amy Madera at 733-4211. There is a $15 fee for this service, but the schedule should be more flexible.
- Before you arrive to take the exam you must purchase an exam voucher online from ServSafe®.com. After you login, go to the Purchase tab. Select ServSafe® Manager’s in drop down. View Products and then scroll to the very bottom of the page and purchase the online voucher for $36. You must bring the voucher number with you to the proctor session.
For more information contact Mike Dart (307)732-8490, Wayne Cook (307)279-3536, or Justine Logan (307)733-3087.
- Go to www.ServSafe.com
- Create an account tab in upper right
- Go to New User box on right side and hit Create New Profile tab
- Fill out all boxes marked with a red asterisk
- Login with user name and password