Rate of Gain Results – 2020
Donor Heifer Program
Application: Carbon County Donor Heifer Application
CARBON COUNTY HEIFER PROGRAM RULES
- Any 4-H or FFA member passed their 13th birthday, but not their 17th birthday as of 1/1/2020 is eligible for the Carbon County Heifer Program if they have successfully completed a 4-H or FFA Beef, Sheep, Swine, Goat or Horse project. If a calf is received, the member must enroll in the Breeding Beef Project in either organization.
- Applications are due in the Fair Office by October 1, 2020
- Those receiving a heifer are expected to show their animal and offspring at the 2021 and 2022 Carbon County Fair.
- The number of calves presented will depend upon the number of donors. An alternate will receive a calf only if the winner cannot keep their obligation or comply with the rules of this program.
- A drawing will be held to determine the match between the member and the donor.
- Those receiving heifers must feed them as a breeding beef project during the 2021–2022 project years and show them at Fair as such.
- Feeding will be under the direction of the Fair Board members, FFA Advisor, UW Program Associate or other person(s) as the Board sees fit.
- At any time the Board decides that the member is not taking proper care of or feeding the heifer correctly, they reserve the right to return the calf to the donor(s). No feed or other expenses will be refunded to the member if the heifer is returned to the donor. Unforeseen circumstances not the fault of the member will be given consideration.
- Donors will provide a signed bill of sale with the member’s name omitted. Upon completion of the two year commitment, the Board will fill in the name and forward the A Form to the member. This is done in case an animal is returned from a member who fails to meet the requirements.
- A written report will be written each month on the progress of the heifer and her calf and will be sent to the donor(s) during each of the project years. The letters must be sent to the Carbon County Fair Board, P.O. Box 1414, Rawlins, WY 82301-1414 with a stamped envelope addressed to the donor. The fair board will then forward the letters to the donors.
- Each member and one parent or guardian must sign the attached agreement before application can be made to the Heifer Program.
- If more applications are received than donors available, younger members will be placed on the alternate list. These members will be eligible for future programs.
KEEP THESE RULES FOR FUTURE REFERENCE—SEND ONLY APPLICATION AND AGREEMENT FORMS BACK TO CARBON COUNTY FAIR BOARD, P.O. BOX 1414, RAWLINS, WY 82301-1414
2020 Carbon County Fair: July 30-August 8
“Born in a Barn”
Fair Book can be found on the Fair website here: http://carboncountyfairgrounds.com
4-H Fair Guide can be found here: 4-H Fair Guide 2020
Read BOTH to properly prepare for Carbon County Fair!!
Entering Your 4-H Projects in County Fair: DEADLINE IS JULY 12th!!!
REMEMBER: Enrolling in 4-H is not the same thing as entering your projects in fair!!
To enter your projects in fair, visit https://fairentry.com
If you have any questions, please give the Fair Office a call! (307-328-7811)
Make It With Wool Contest
MIWW ENTRY FORM 2020 – DUE JULY 15 to Lisa Johnson, MIWW Director
Changes to the Swine Show
Breeding Beef Incentive Program
The breeding beef incentive program is to encourage 4-H and FFA youth to participate in a Breeding Beef project at Carbon County Fair. This program is funded through donations received from Carbon County Cattle producers and local businesses. Any 4-H or FFA member entered in a Breeding Beef heifer project at the 2019 Carbon County Fair is eligible to enroll that heifer in the Incentive Program.
- Participants must register their 2019 show heifer in the Incentive Program at the 2019 Carbon County Fair
- Participants must reenter the 2019 show heifer at the 2020 fair with a calf at her side
- 2019 Donor Heifer projects do qualify, however they must enter the Incentive Program in addition to the Donor Heifer Program.
- Registration forms for the Incentive Program will be available at the 2019 Beef Show during County Fair
When participants return to the 2020 Caron County Fair with the pre-registered cow/calf pair, the exhibitor will receive a $200 cash bonus.
At the 2020 Carbon County Fair the top three placing in the Breeding Beef show will receive the following:
- Supreme Champion cow/calf pair – $250
- Reserve Champion cow/calf pair – $150
- 3rd place cow/calf pair – $50