Vegetable Pasta with Basil Sauce
This recipe uses CNP Magic Mix and CNP Vegetable Mix, two make-ahead recipes that save time when preparing and cooking meals. Whole-wheat macaroni adds fiber to your dinner.
$1.67 per serving
- 2 cups whole wheat macaroni (uncooked)
- 3 to 4 cups CNP Vegetable Mix (or broccoli pieces, sliced carrots, sliced zucchini, etc.)
- 1 cup CNP Magic Mix
- 2 cups water or low-sodium broth
- ½ teaspoon basil
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain.
- Steam vegetable mix until crisp tender, about 5 minutes.
- In a sauce pan or electric skillet over medium heat combine CNP Magic Mix and water. Stir until smooth and thick.
- Stir basil and pepper into white sauce.
- Remove from heat and blend in cheese. Pour over macaroni.
- Add vegetables and stir.
Serving: 1 cup
Tried this recipe?Click the stars or leave a comment.