Converse County has 9 Community Clubs located throughout the county. It also has 3 specialty clubs that focus on certain learning activities. Every club is unique in its members and focus, but every club offers plenty of learning, community service, friendships, and fun!!
2018-2019 Converse County 4-H Clubs, Leaders, and Locations:
- Cavaliers: Lorinna Zwetzig & Theresa Eathorne (Douglas) – Meets 4:30PM 2nd Tuesday of the month at the Extension Office.
- Cloverbuds: Stacey Etchemendy (Douglas); Specialty club for kids aged 5-7 – Meets 4PM 2nd Thursday of the month at the Extension Office.
- Cowboy’s: Mandy Lovitt & Carol Blackburn (Douglas) – Meets 4PM last Monday of the month at the Extension Office.
- Dry Creek Willing Workers: Bev Reed & Monte Reed (Bill)
- Future Stars: Tanna Rodeman (Douglas) – Meets 6PM 2nd Wednesday of the month at the Extension Office.
- Junior Leaders: Mandy Lovitt (Douglas); Specialty club that focuses on developing leadership skills for youth ages 13-18. Meets 4PM 1st Thursday of the month at the Extension Office.
- Labonte Sagebrush: Nick Ladd & Kenzie Mares (Glenrock)
- Magic Chefs: Margaret Grant (Glenrock)
- Range Club: Morgan Hays (Douglas); Specialty club focusing on Rangeland Judging
- Sand Creek: Margaret Farley (Glenrock)
- Walker Creek Pronghorns: Janet Booth & Ellie Capelle (Walker Creek Community) Meets 6PM 4th Thursday of the month at the Extension Office.
- Wild Bunch: Sarah Stoltenberg & Andi Meyer (Douglas) – Meets 3PM 2nd Sunday of the month at the Converse County Library.
Most clubs range from 5 to 25 members. Each club may meet regularly throughout the year or only part of the year, depending on the project and the interests of both leaders and members. For more information please contact the Converse County Extension Office at 358-2417.