Converse County has 9 Community Clubs located throughout the county. It also has 3 specialty clubs that focus on certain learning activities. Every club is unique in its members and focus, but every club offers plenty of learning, community service, friendships, and fun!!
2016-2017 Converse County 4-H Clubs, Leaders, and Locations:
- Cavaliers: Lorinna Zwetzig & Theresa Eathorne (Douglas)
- Cloverbuds: Crystal Toner (Glenrock) & Stacey Etchemendy (Douglas); Specialty club for kids aged 5-7
- Dry Creek Willing Workers: Bev Reed & Monte Reed (Bill)
- Future Stars: Roni Vollman & Tanna Rodeman (Douglas)
- Junior Leaders: Mandy Lovitt (Douglas); Specialty club that focuses on developing leadership skills for youth ages 13-18.
- Labonte Sagebrush: Kim Schwartzkopf & Betty James (Douglas)
- Magic Chefs: Margaret Grant (Glenrock)
- Range Club: Misty Hays (Douglas); Specialty club focusing on Rangeland Judging
- Sand Creek: Margaret Farley & Crystal Toner (Glenrock)
- Walker Creek Pronghorns: Connie Werner & Rhonda Parker (Walker Creek Community)
- Wild Bunch: Carol Blackburn & Sarah Stoltenberg (Douglas)
- Wooly Bully’s: Mandy Lovitt (Douglas)
Most clubs range from 5 to 25 members. Each club may meet regularly throughout the year or only part of the year, depending on the project and the interests of both leaders and members. For more information please contact the Converse County Extension Office at 358-2417.