- UW full-time employees are eligible for a tuition waiver for one (1) course per semester, up to 6 credits (some course fees may still apply). This includes online courses and courses offered through Laramie County Community College. For more information, see: http://www.uwyo.edu/hr/employee-benefits/tuition-waiver/
- Request for In-Depth Training Funds
- Request for Professional Association Meeting Funds
- Follow-up Required Training Documentation – pdf or doc
- eXtension webinars (https://connect.extension.org)
- edX online courses (https://www.edx.org)
- Coursera online courses (https://www.coursera.org)
- UW-IT Training (on campus and remote training sessions)
- LinkedIn Learning
- Irrigation Education (http://www.irrigation.education)
- Discovering America’s Ranglands IDevice Mobile Video Production Guide
- Association for Communication Excellence (ACE) is an international association of communicators and information technologists in Agriculture, Natural Resources and Life and Human Sciences.
- Association of Natural Resource Extension Professionals (ANREP) is a national association for Extension professionals working in environmental education, fisheries, forestry, wood sciences, range, recreation, waste management, water, wildlife, and related disciplines.
- Epsilon Sigma Phi (ESP) is the Extension professionals’ organization and is dedicated to fostering standards of excellence in the Extension system and developing the Extension professional
- National Association of Community Development Extension Professionals (NACDEP) is an organization dedicated to improving the visibility, coordination, professional status and resource base of community and economic development Extension programs and professionals.
- National Association of County Agricultural Agents (NACAA) is a professional organization geared towards Extension educators and other professionals who work in agriculture related disciplines.
- National Association of Extension 4-H Agents (NAE4-HA) is the professional’s organization for those dedicated to promoting, strengthening, enhancing and advocating for the 4-H youth development profession.
- National Extension Association of Family & Consumer Sciences (NEAFCS) educates and recognizes Extension professionals who improve the quality of life for individuals, families and communities.
- Wyoming Association of Extension 4-H Agents (WAE4-HA) is the professional organization for Wyoming’s 4-H agents. Membership is open to all University of Wyoming Extension personnel who are interested in 4/H/Youth Development.
- Wyoming Chapter of Epsilon Sigma Phi (ESP) Epsilon Sigma Phi is the national association for all extension professionals and administrators and is the largest professional Extension organization. It is not tied to any specific discipline: its aims are to support each educator as they develop in their career. It provides scholarships, conferences, and opportunities for recognition and leadership.
- Wyoming Association of Community Development Extension Professional Community Development is both a profession and a way of approaching community problems using a common set of values and practices. It focuses on process with an emphasis on the role of community members. Communities are groups of people who share a place, an interest, or an identity. WACDEP is the state chapter of the national organization. Each year it recognizes a partner with the Friend of Community Development Award.
Other Networking/Professional Opportunities
- eXtension.org The eXtension Foundation offers a variety of ways to collaborate with peers around emerging Issues and Innovation to evoke Impact for Extension Professionals and the Public they serve.
- Extension Educational Technology Learning Network The ExtEdTech Learning Network provides sharing and learning opportunities among both Extension professionals and private sector technology experts to foster successful use of technology integration into Extension programming across the nation.
Awards are given annually to outstanding Extension personnel. The awards given are:
- Jim DeBree Extension Award is the most prestigious Extension honor in UW Extension. The five Professional Associations, WEAFCS, WACAA, WAE4-HA, WACDEP, and ESP, nominate and select the recipient of the Jim DeBree Award in the year their professional association is eligible.
- UW Extension Awards include: • Creative Excellence Recognition • Diversity Enhancement Recognition • Newer Employee Recogniton
- UW Extension Administrative Professional of the Year Award was formerly known as the Frances Freese Secretary of the Year Award recognizes a secretary/administrative assistant for outstanding contributions to UW Extension.
- List of Current and Past Award Winners