Ag Ambassador Application
- Applications to become an ambassador are due Wednesday, April 3, 2019 by 4:00pm.
- Deliver a hard copy to AG 158 or email to email@example.com
- 2019 Application Packet (pdf)
- Applicants will be interviewed by a panel as a part of the selection process. You will be contacted to sign up for an interview time after the application deadline. As a part of the interview, students are expected to have a basic knowledge of the University of Wyoming and the College of Agriculture & Natural Resources. Students should prepare appropriately before interviewing with the selection committee.
- The student’s declared primary major must be in the College of Agriculture & Natural Resources (students with concurrent majors are eligible).
- The student must be a full-time student as defined by the University of Wyoming, and have attended the College of Agriculture & Natural Resources for at least one full semester. Students who register at the University of Wyoming as freshman may apply for membership during their second and subsequent semesters.
- Undergraduate students must have and maintain a minimum 2.50 cumulative GPA and graduate students must have and maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Ambassadors must demonstrate a commitment to furthering their knowledge of the College of Agriculture & Natural Resources and the University of Wyoming through their participation in Ag Ambassador activities.
The University of Wyoming, College of Agriculture & Natural Resources Student Ambassador Organization is a select group of students charged by the Dean to promote the College of Agriculture & Natural Resources in various ways, to both external and internal audiences. Ag Ambassadors help promote the College of Agriculture & Natural Resources and the agriculture industry in various ways. Activities include, but are not limited to:
- Prospective student recruitment;
- Retention of current students;
- Acting as liaisons with the general public;
- Participate in alumni and donor relation activities;
- Share student experiences with diverse audiences.
- Participate in leadership classes and/or conferences
Ag Ambassador Mission
The mission of the Ag Ambassador group is to serve the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources student body as a voice for current students and intercede in communication with administration. Ag Ambassadors will offer be an active example of portraying college life in the College of Agriculture and share personal experiences with alumni, prospective students, and other current students. It is the goal of the Ag Ambassador group to create a strong desire and compassion within others that they may in turn choose to be a positive part of, support, and/or represent the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources.